After school Extended Care
In order to better meet the needs of busy families, Putnam City offers an afterschool program in each of its elementary schools. The program begins when the school day ends. Children must be picked up no later than 6 p.m.
This convenient program is affordable and offers a safe, environment for children in kindergarten through grade 5. Healthy snacks are provided after school. Daily activities will be planned outdoors (unless weather is threatening or severe), in the computer lab, the gym, action-based learning labs and in the cafeteria. The extended care program maintains a fully trained staff.
A non-refundable enrollment fee of $20 is charged per family per school year.
The full-time cost of the program for each child is $55 a week. Full-time enrollment is for children attending extended care four or five days a week.
Students may also attend extended care on a drop-in basis at a rate of $15 a day. The drop-in rate applies to any child attending extended care from one to three days a week.
The extended care program is closed when school is not in session due to holidays, school breaks, etc. There is no school on the days below, and schools may also be closed some days due to inclement weather.
|Sept. 2||Labor Day|
|Sept. 16||Professional Development|
|Oct. 17-18||Fall Break|
|Nov. 25-29||Thanksgiving Break|
|Dec. 23-Jan 6||Christmas Break|
|Jan. 20||Martin Luther King Jr. Day|
|Feb. 14||Parent Conferences|
|Mar. 16-20||Spring Break|
Policy and Procedures
- Children must be picked up no later than 6 p.m.
- Please sign your child out daily.
- For any child picked up after 6 p.m., a late charge of $1 per minute will be assessed.
- After three late pickups by parents or guardians, children will not be able to attend afterschool care.
- In the event a child is not picked up by 6:15 p.m., and extended care staff has not received communication from parents or guardians, the proper authorities will be notified that the child has been abandoned.
- An online registration form will be required for each student attending extended care.
- Register your child for extended care (coming August 1)
- All fees are due prior to service. A $5 per day late fee is assessed for payments that are more than three days late. Anyone with overdue fees (five school days) will not be allowed to participate.
- There is no reduced rate for children who are ill or absent. If a child has an extended illness (two weeks or more), please contact the extended care financial secretary to discuss financial arrangements.
- Online payments are encouraged.
- Payment via money order, check or cash payments will be accepted only at the district administration Office. Schools do not take payment for extended care.
- The charge for returned checks will be $25. After a returned check, only cash, money order or online payment will be accepted.
Guidance and Discipline
- The program will provide a safe, fun program for students who need after school care.
- All school policies will be followed during extended care hours.
- The extended care program reserves the right to refuse service to a child who is unable to cooperate with staff and/or other students or who is destructive to property.
- In case of severe injury or acute illness, 911 will be called and the parent/guardian will be contacted immediately using numbers on file.
- Anyone with reason to suspect emotional, physical, sexual abuse or neglect is obligated by law to contact the Child Abuse Hotline (1-800-522-3511).
For More Information
If you have additional questions about the extended care program, please call the school.
If you have questions about paying, invoicing or billing, please call Danielle Callahan at 495-5200, ext. 1209.