Tell Us the News
Is something good happening in your school or your child's school that the community should know about? Do you have good news to share about a class project, school activities, student and staff achievements or interesting people in the district? Putnam City's Communications Department can help you get news out to a wider audience.
What We Need to Know
- Who is involved? (Example: First-grade students at Central Elementary.)
- What is happening? (Two sentences to four paragraphs describing the class or school activity.)
- When is it happening? (List day, date and starting and ending time of the activity.)
- Where is it happening? (List the school and room, or if it’s happening away from school, the name of the facility and the street address.)
- What is the educational value of this activity? (Why is it good for students or teachers to be involved in this activity? How will it benefit students, improve learning or strengthen the district?)
- Your name and phone number or e-mail address (so we can follow up if we have questions)
When to Submit Information
Please submit your information on this form in advance of the activity or event. At least four days or more before an activity or event is best; two days before is manageable.
How to Submit Information
Submit your news item to the Communications Department in one of these two simple ways:
E-mail it. Send answers to the questions above to the Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call it in. Call the Communications Department at 495-5200, ext. 1204.