How to Apply
How to Apply
Putnam City Schools is now hiring qualified substitutes for the 2020-2021 school year. A current Oklahoma teaching certificate or four-year degree is preferred, but not required.
If interested, please upload the following information to our online application (coming soon).
- Two forms of ID (Driver license and Social Security card, passport, or birth certificate)
- A voided check or letter from your bank for direct deposit
- A receipt from the OSBI background check printed at the Department of Education
(do not go to a satellite office)
- Your current teaching certificate or college transcripts (if applicable)
- Completed GCN online tutorials (information included in application packet)
Substitutes are utilized on an as-needed basis and are called by an automated system. Substitute job openings are also posted online in our absence reporting system.
Certified substitute teachers are paid $75 per day for the first 20 days worked and $80 per day thereafter. Substitutes without active teacher certification receive $60 per day for the first 20 days worked and $65 per day thereafter. Teacher assistant positions receive $55 per day.
For more information about substitute teaching in Putnam City schools, call the district’s substitute office at 495-5200, ext. 1232, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms and applications for the 2020-2021 school year will be available on our district website mid June or early July. Please check back later.
Putnam City's substitute handbook details the information needed to serve successfully as a substitute teacher in the district. Requirements to be hired, compensation, training, school addresses and phone numbers and much more is included in the handbook.