Thank you for your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher at Putnam City Schools. We take pride in utilizing qualified, capable and responsible substitute teachers to assume the demanding (but also rewarding) role in the education of students in the absence of a classroom teacher.
Requirements for substitute teaching:
Substitute teachers must be at least 21 years of age OR have completed 40 hours of college credit. Substitutes are utilized on an as-needed basis. A current Oklahoma teaching certificate or four-year degree is preferred, but not required.
1. Substitute applications may be accessed here. You will be required to create an account if you are applying for any job position with our District for the first time. The substitute application process and instructions will be sent by email once the online application is received.
2. Complete all necessary paperwork.
3. A National criminal history background check and fingerprinting ($57.25 fee) are required by the Oklahoma State Department of Education. The applicant is responsible for any cost associated with the background check.
4. Applicants will be required to attend a new substitute orientation.
Certified Pay - (requires a current OK Teaching Certificate) $80 full day; $40 half day + $70 stipend = $150 full day
Non-Certified Pay - $65.00 full day; $32.50 half day + $70 stipend = $135 full day
Teacher Assistant - $55.00 full day; $27.50 half day + $45 stipend = $100 full day
Long Term Substitute - $105 per day with a minimum of 20 consecutive days in specific assignment.
Returning Substitute Teachers
Returning Substitute Status Requirements
To maintain an experienced and well-trained substitute staff pool, Putnam City Schools requires all substitutes to have worked a minimum of five (5) days the 2021-2022 school year. Substitutes who did not work the minimum of five (5) days the 2021-2022 school year may be required to reapply and submit a new background check before becoming an active substitute.
In order to be re-activated for the 2022-2023 school year:
1. Fill out the “Returning Substitute” application available through this link here. If you have not created a job applicant account, you will need to do so before filling out the application.
2. Complete yearly required GCN tutorials listed for Putnam City School employees. Instructions are listed on the online job listing page. Upload your GCN Certificate of Completion as an attachment to your online returning substitute form.
3. An email will then be generated providing the PC Schools Substitute Handbook link for you to access. You will be required to acknowledge you have received and read the handbook. An online signature page will be provided with the link.
Please do not email returning substitute applications or GCN certificates of completion. All documents must be completed through this website.
Putnam City's substitute handbook details information needed to serve successfully as a substitute teacher in our district. Requirements, expectations, compensation and training are included in the handbook.
For more information regarding substitute teaching in Putnam City schools, call the district’s substitute office at 405.495.5200.