How to Apply
Putnam City Schools is now hiring qualified substitute teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. A current Oklahoma teaching certificate or four-year degree is preferred, but not required.
If interested, please fill out the substitute application or come by the district's Human Capital office to pick up an application. Our address is 5401 N.W. 40th street. When you return your completed application you will need to include:
- Two forms of ID (driver license and Social Security card, passport, or birth certificate)
- A voided check or letter from your bank for direct deposit
- A receipt from the OSBI background check at the Oklahoma State Department of Education (do not go to a satellite office to be printed)
- Certificate from the bloodborne pathogen course at http://www.gcntraining.com/site.cfm?login
- Your current teaching certificate or college transcripts (if applicable)
Substitutes, used on an as-needed basis, and are called for jobs by an automated system. The jobs are are also posted online in our absence reporting system.
Substitute teachers who are certified are paid $75 a day. Substitutes without active teacher certification receive $60 a day. Substitute teacher assistants receive $55 a day.
For more information about substitute teaching in Putnam City schools, contact the district’s substitute office at 495-5200, ext. 1232, or firstname.lastname@example.org
To become a substitute teacher in Putnam City Schools, you need to fill out an application and provide documentation. The application is available on this website or can be picked up at the district's Human Capital office, 5401 N.W. 40th.