Resources for Assistance

Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline
Call 1-800-522-3511, or for more information, visit

Eating Disorder Helpline
If you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, call the National Eating Disorders Association at 1 (800) 931-2237. Phones are answered Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and  Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The organization's website is

Call 211 (answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week), 848-2273 or 1 (877) 362-1606 for non-emergency assistance. Heartline has a database of thousands of services, including financial assistance, food, health care and transitional housing. Visit for more information and their database, or

Meth Hotline
1 (888) METH-AID

National Alliance on Mental Illness
To get help or ask questions regarding mental illness,call 1 (800) 583-1264. If a person is suicidal, homicidal or it becomes clear the person cannot take care of himself or herself, call 911 and ask for a Crisis Intervention Team officer, who has special training to respond to people in a mental health crisis.

NorthCare, Crisis Care for Children
24-hour mental health assessment and stabilization for Oklahoma County children and families who are in acute psychological, emotional or behavioral health crisis. Clinical staff provides telephone screening and in-person assessments, consultation and community linkage to facilitate a safe resolution to crises in youth under the age of 18. The number to call is 858-2700. Adult services are also available at 858-1700. For more information go to the website at

Poison Control
The Oklahoma Poison Control Center staffs specially trained licensed pharmacists and nurses who provide emergency poisoning management advice to Oklahoma residents and health-care professionals. Phone are answered 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Call 1 (800) 222-1222.

SoonerCare (Oklahoma Medicaid) is a health-care program for qualifying adults and children. Learn more at 1 (800) 987-7767 or the SoonerCare page. Enrollment information is here and the SoonerEnroll Toolkit is here.

Substance Abuse
Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, 522-3908.

Suicide Hotlines
Call 1 (800) 273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) or 1 (800) SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433).

Tobacco Helpline
The Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline is a free service available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide Oklahomans with tools and support needed to quit tobacco. The service offers help to Oklahomans who are cigarette smokers, cigar smokers, smokeless tobacco users, friends and family of tobacco users and health-care providers. Call 1 (800) QUIT NOW (1-800-784-8669) or go to

This information is provided as a service to the patrons of Putnam City Schools by the district's Health Services Deptartment. The above information is subject to change. Please call the appropriate resource for current information. For more resources, see your student’s school nurse or health aide or call the district's Health Services Department at 470-3992.